In accordance with recent government announcements, we are planning to re-open on the 20th July. Not all our facilities will be available to begin with however we are working hard behind the scenes to offer a good range of services and amenities and to make guests feel welcome and safe. We will add more services as and when restrictions are eased.
We understand that the world may seem daunting right now, but rest assured that your safety remains our absolute number 1 priority, and so working alongside leading Covid-19 experts, all Best Western Hotels are making changes to keep us safer, healthier and happier.
Our 5 main areas of requirements and recommendations are all part of an industry leading accreditation scheme and are developed to reassure both guests and our hotels.
Look out for our new kitemark so that when you next book, you know you can sleep well again, in hotels that care.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
For your piece of mind, here is a list of some of the safety measures that will be operating when you next visit us. Please note that government guidelines are continuously changing, and these points will be updated accordingly without prior notice in order to comply:
- Our hotel is being independently audited by using approved Environmental Health protocols.
- We are actively recording the temperature of our co-workers using a contactless digital thermometer.
- We have increased the frequency and efficiency of cleaning procedures adopting clinically approved and certified sanitising products proven to be effective against Coronavirus.
- There will be social distancing signage throughout the hotel to remind everyone to keep a safe distance.
- Public workspaces will be reconfigured or restricted in accordance with government guidelines. Whilst restrictions are in place, some of our restaurant, bar, public lounges and washrooms may not be accessible.
- Our co-workers will wear personal protective equipment to protect themselves and our guests.
- There will be hand sanitisation stations in our public areas.
- In accordance with social distancing measures, we will only be able to check-in or check-out one room at a time and we ask that guest’s queue patiently if required.
- We have installed a plexiglass screen to shield guests and our co-workers at reception without hiding a welcome smile.
- Mobile technology has been introduced to help you check-in and check-out remotely.
- Guests are encouraged to use any online, mobile and contactless payment methods that are available and avoid cash payments where possible.
- To save you unnecessary visits to reception or from having to use the room phone, you can contact us for free using WhatsApp by messaging +44 (0) 7738 329 562 or by clicking here.
- Additional checks on serviced rooms will be carried out by supervisors and management ensuring our highest standards are maintained.
- There will be an anti-bacterial wipe for you to use in your room for your peace of mind.
- Our linen is laundered at over 60 degrees centigrade.
- Unnecessary high-touch items have been removed from rooms.
- Every guestroom will be ventilated between guest stays. For best results, check-in will be no earlier than 2pm to allow for proper ventilation of your room.
- For guest safety, rooms will not be serviced for stayovers unless requested with our reception team by 10am.
- For more towels, bedding or any other amenities, guests can contact reception, preferably via WhatsApp, and whatever is needed will be left outside your room.
- Our menus and guest directories will be accessible by using the QR codes and web links on display in your room or in your booking confirmation.
- Whilst our food offering will be reduced and plated only, removing any buffets to prevent cross-contamination, we will still strive to offer a great quality menu with popular dishes.
- Due to social distancing restrictions, the restaurant will remain closed but all meals will be delivered to your room, for your own safety.
- Key cards will be sanitised when returned to reception.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to store any luggage before or after your stay.
We’re incredibly proud to be part of the Best Western family of hotels and thankful to our amazing people and community heroes everywhere. Watch below to see how Best Western have dared to be different, and be the best we can be…
We can’t wait to welcome you back to your Great British Escape very soon.